Re: [glob2-devel] www.globulation2.org look updated

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] www.globulation2.org look updated
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 22:02:53 +0100

Hi,

It would be very nice to add new grass to glob2. Problem is that the grass
itself is not difficult to do, the difficult part is to have nice transitions
from grass to sand in all situations. I was able to fix this with water by
setting sand to transparent. We might be able to do the same with grass
(grassa dn water never overlap in a single tile) bu that would require
drawing water by 32x32 tiles which would be slow.

Otherwise I prefer the grass of glob2test that the one of default skin. I
think we should also modify skin property so that there is a single line of
pixel between left menu and content, it would look cleaner imho. I also think
we should remove the original one 1px line 3d effects as they don't fit well
with a texture background. What do you think?

Steph

P.S.    I'll have a look into this AI/NN thing when I'll feel better, I'm quite
ill those days.

--
http://nct.ysagoon.com