Re: [glob2-devel] www.globulation2.org look updated

From: Gabriel Walt
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] www.globulation2.org look updated
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:31:31 +0100

- Both grass and sand look ugly in glob2. They are from the 256 colors time. They should be remade one day. Water is much better as it has already been
remade.

I don't quite agree here, the old grass has been enhanced, blurred, etc and it isn't really 256 colors any more. I like the current grass tile and most importantly, it really communicates glob2's in-game feeling, the water tile isn't that glob2 specific.

- Using more than one texture is too much, it wraps from elegant to kitsch

Here I fully agree, there really shouldn't be too much graphical effects! Text backgrounds should have no texture, especially the main text, but imo even for the menu it's too much.

- The science building gras root contrast better with blue than with green.

That's not such a big issue... It's true that there's no big contrast there, but if you really want a contrast, it's not hard to change the building's roof color.

Other people, what is your opinion?

:o)

Gabriel