Re: [glob2-devel] that damn SDL bug

From: Kyle Lutze
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] that damn SDL bug
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 09:20:53 -0800

Matthew Marshall wrote:
On Sunday 15 January 2006 12:29, Kyle Lutze wrote:

ok, another one that's been bugging some new people when they come and
try to play multiplayer is that SDL video takes up all the processing
power of the computer and makes multiplayer games unplayable. So, here's
my suggestion, but in an if statement that will deny multiplayer access
(and give the reason) if they have SDL chosen for video.

-1

There are many setups where DRI is either not available, not stable, or simply not yet configrued, but SDL at a low resolution is still fast enough to be playable. (Or even plenty fast; on my AMD64 3000, 1024x764 SDL stays within 100%.)

MWM

when I didn't have GL working and was using SDL any 3 player maps ( while using 640x480) the game would be horribly slow, and I'm on an opteron 242. It really makes a difference