Re: [glob2-devel] Explorer attacks

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Explorer attacks
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 14:52:24 -0800

On 1/15/06, Nuage <address@hidden> wrote:
> 1- Our idea is that explorers attacks are meant to finish the game up. Then
> we'll not weaken them, unless there is another gameplay problem.
>
> 2- You can never be surprised by an explorer attack because it needs prestige,
> which total is displayed to every player.
>
> 3- It can't be all strategies to be too strong: warriors, fruits, prestige and
> explorers attack. And it looks like every player hates another way to win. So
> until most of you agree, we should be very careful with changes. Or you can
> simply prove it to me by beating me all the time using the same strategy.

Time to die!
Yeah I guess you can tell when people are capable of explorer attacks,
but its often hard to tell who, and so you can't go in and rain hell
on them while their preparing, your only choice is to either guess to
build up your own epxlorer army. I don't think this needs fixing
though, just a comment.