Re: [glob2-devel] new mapgenerator

From: Nuage
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] new mapgenerator
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 04:18:57 +0100

Leo Wandersleb wrote:
> can you verify:
> it is
>     randc=getSint32(data, 80);
>     oldIslandSize=getSint32(data, 84);
> although it is
>     addUint32(data, randc, 80);
>     addUint32(data, oldIslandSize, 84);
> (sint/uint confuses me. don't want to fix non-errors again.)

This is indeed a bug. getS/Uint32() and addS/Uint32() has to be consistent with
the type they refer to. But I guess that because of static casting, and because
the value is directly copied into the variable, there is no binary bug. Still,
it's not nice and should indeed be fixed.

> I had to touch quite many files and commited these.
> unfortunately resources don't grow on the old random maps. sorry i will
> not bring resources back before saturday as i'm away now but i guess it
> is rather simple. the functions are in place and i guess they are just
> not called.

It's fine, the resources adding system of my maps is crap, so I really don't
mind, you can even remove it completely if you want.