Re: [glob2-devel] boost

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] boost
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 14:33:25 -0800

On 1/21/06, Stéphane Magnenat <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Saturday 21 January 2006 20:22, Bradley Arsenault wrote:
> > Ahh, so glob2 already depends on boost?
>
> Glob2 does not depends on boost already. You don't think glob2 is the only
> things I've done in lief in c++ do you? ;-)
> liban is this:
> http://lis.epfl.ch/resources/an/index.php

Ohh, my mistake.
> Speaking about boost::spirit, don't you think it *does* heavily depends on
> templates ? ;-)
> boost::spirit is the reason I added boost deps to liban, but to be honest,
> I've no intention to use boost::spirit in the future, it's just too
> undebuggable only for syntaxic sugars. You have not coded a full featured
> bytecode-based calculator with boost::spirit, haev you?
No, spirit isn't for bytecode, its for text, like parsing the config
files such as data/buildings.txt, which is what I thought it would be
usefull for.

> So, using boost, ok, abusing of boost, lost of time.
Boost isn't entirely template based, although a great deal of it is. I
would say that increased compile time isn't neccessarilly a problem,
Boost developers have been carefull to do their code to reduce code
bloat and compile times, however using boost will certainly show an
increase in compile times, the development times and debugging times
will drop as well.