Re: [glob2-devel] Hello, I'm back, and lots of comments....

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Hello, I'm back, and lots of comments....
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 16:03:41 +0200

> Ok. I've had a look on Savannah and cant for the life of me find anything to
> do with Git :P

I had to look real hard, too:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/maintenance/Git

And here some (all?) git repository on savannah:
http://git.sv.nongnu.org/gitweb/

I will have to ask the maintainer for a git repository.
I want to wait until we're done with bug fixing.

If we can switch to git, depends on how well our windows users
get along with it.

So all windows users that are still reading this thread, please try
http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/WindowsInstall
and give feedback.

A Tutorial:
 http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/tutorial.html

And here a more fancy command line tool:
 http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/cogito/docs/introduction.html

> However, I found this free GIT hosting site, and I must say, it doesn't look
> very good: http://repo.or.cz/

Savannah git web repositories look the same.

> http://launchpad.net/ still looks good.

Yes, it does.

> Again, we'd loose the history (you would no matter what you go to
> anyway).

I'm just trying "tailor" to avoid this.
It didn't work with the initial revision, so I started it with
the 10th.  I'll also want to give the script a chance that Savannah proposes.

> Thanks for your comments. Lets end this conversation now (unless bradley has
> any comments) ;) ;) (anything else said would just be repeating :P)

You should have written this at the beginning of your mail.
Now that I have written this mail, I will send it.