Re: [glob2-devel] Backwards Compatibility and the next release (must rea

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Backwards Compatibility and the next release (must read)
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 13:03:09 +1200

That is the problem and thats what I'm trying to do allready, and its
not easy. The conversion would require importing from the old
structures to the new structures. This means retaining all the code
for the old structures, and all of the code for the old game saves,
and interpolating this code with the new code. This gets really messy
really quick and defeats the purpose of re-organizing the code in the
first place (which was to avoid hack fixes).

Oh, well dont worry about it then. Not many people would play games between version IMO. I know I don't. So breaking compatibility with those old Auto saves if fine. Just code something which can say "file incompatible" though, so they don't play and report lots of bugs :P

If you feel like you want to do an Alpha 23 release, by all means make
a release candidate and get it started. I'm sure you can handle
managing this release. :)

I'd be happy to release it (along with Windows and Mandriva at the same time). Again though, I'd like to see some of the bugs fixed :D The only realy thing thats changed since a22 was a fix for mingw and a few graphical changes. No major bug fixes.

--
Kieran.P
http://qlwiki.linuxsolutions.co.nz/