Re: [glob2-devel] Backwards Compatibility and the next release (must rea

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Backwards Compatibility and the next release (must read)
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 13:33:03 +1200

The problem is that its not just the Auto Saves. All maps, game saves,
everything. All maps in the file server have to be redone. The public
ftp with maps has to be completely purged.

But as I've already said, I'll remake the maps exactly (or very close to) what they are now. All I need is an old copy of Glob2 (which I can get from a release page), I'll have one computer running the old maps in old glob2, another making them in new glob2. A few hours work and viola. Same maps, but new compatible ones. The only thing that wont be the same is Autosaves (I wouldn't know how to copy them to the new format, other than play the game :S :P).

--
Kieran.P
http://qlwiki.linuxsolutions.co.nz/