Re: [glob2-devel] Backwards Compatibility and the next release (must rea

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Backwards Compatibility and the next release (must read)
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 13:54:40 +0200

> Oh, well dont worry about it then. Not many people would play games between
> version IMO. I know I don't. So breaking compatibility with those old Auto
> saves if fine. Just code something which can say "file incompatible" though,
> so they don't play and report lots of bugs :P
>
> If you feel like you want to do an Alpha 23 release, by all means make
>> a release candidate and get it started. I'm sure you can handle
>> managing this release. :)
>

> I'd be happy to release it (along with Windows and Mandriva at the same
> time). Again though, I'd like to see some of the bugs fixed

You can fix bugs in a release candidate.

> The only realy thing thats changed since a22 was a fix for mingw and
> a few graphical changes. No major bug fixes.

There was a big package mess:
* Playable only on some distributions.
* Playable only on intel processors
* No Maps or campaigns in the package.

This was tricked into the release later.
But there is a lot of glob2 22 out there that work for the user.
Also gentoo hasn't released glob2 22 yet.