Re: [glob2-devel] bugfixes

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] bugfixes
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 13:16:47 +0200

> On Monday 16 April 2007 03:05:08 Kieran P wrote:
>> > You can branch off any time. We are all capable of mirroring minor
>> > patches in both the RC and head. Otherwise, sounds good. I'll get some
>> > bug fixes done for this release.
>>
>> Yes, I know I can branch now, but I'd rather wait till the bugs are fixed,
>> then start the RC phase.
>
> I agree, no need to put extra merge work on us and it would be really nice to
> kill those nasty bugs asap.

I disagree.
Glob2 development is almost entirely done by Bradley himself.
If he chooses to rewrite major parts of glob2, then major parts of glob2
will be rewritten.  It is no good to stop him.  We can make someone
"Mr. Bugfix", even if this it what glob2 needs right now.

"Not branching" is very bad for us.