Re: [glob2-devel] Re: what was the cause of repair bug?

From: Joe Wells
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Re: what was the cause of repair bug?
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 01:59:46 +0100

"Bradley Arsenault" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 4/16/07, Joe Wells <address@hidden> wrote:
>> "Bradley Arsenault" <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > The bug was caused by a logic error. If you notice how the MapEditor
>> > document in the wiki describes building levels (with construction
>> > sites on even numbers starting at 0), my code would take the previous
>> > level on a level 1 construction site, which is -1, when instead it
>> > should be taking the current level.
>>
>> I am confused.  The problem was happening when repairing normal
>> buildings (with level number 1?).  How did they get to be considered
>> construction sites (with level number 0?)?  Your description makes it
>> sound like there is another bug.
>
> Level 1 building construction site: 0
> Level 1 building completed: 1
> Level 2 building construction site: 2
> Level 2 building completed: 3
> Level 3 building construction site: 4
> Level 3 building completed: 5
>
> When a completeted level 1 building goes into construction, its
> "technical level" goes from 1 to 0.

I assume you mean “into repair” (where result will be same level), not
“into construction” (where result would be next level), right?

So a level X building being repaired is treated like a level X
construction site, except if you cancel the work it returns to level X
(with damage) rather than level X - 1, right?

--
Joe