Re: [glob2-devel] mercurial switch

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] mercurial switch
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 11:16:23 +1200

The whole idea of mercurial is distributed development. So if contributors
publish their repositories on their own web sites and there is an official
maintainer who merges into the official upstream regularly, we can imagine
putting everything on www.globulation2.org. I could then provided a backup
copy of this rep (and do debian nightly build) and as the system is
distributed, branching off it is perfectly ok.

This is not very good. It would lead to a lot of old code, and bugs. Its eaiser to have one repositry, where everyone commits to and updates. Having different repositories on different sites is asking for trouble.

The big question: is there anyone who want to do this maintainer job?

It will work the same way as CVS does atm (one place, several contirbutors). Just a different CMS that handles merging better.

P.S. As you have seen, I'm now using @magnenat.net address as the friend who
was paying ysagoon.com forgot to do so and we lost the domain :-(

I saw you commited to HEAD but forgot the RC. I've merged the changes as best could :D I hope it worked.

--
Kieran.P
http://qlwiki.linuxsolutions.co.nz/