Re: [glob2-devel] membership request?

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] membership request?
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 16:24:08 +1200

if bradley codes on HEAD it's me who will have to branch because bradley will break runability!
sorry but why should i branch to implement better area brushes what has nothing to do with the new core engine?
please do major rewrites on branches. if with mercurial use very regular commits! that eases the merge afterwards. (i heard so about git and i guess that's pretty much the same in hg)

I was under the imporession that the core rewrite meant just that. Anything made would have to be rewritten probably as soon as you finish it.

I'll just say again, I dont know C++, so how easy is it to rewrite code, I cant say. And you are welcome to do whatever. But I always thought of head as the main development line. Separate project like the map chooser or map editor should be done in brances then merged with the code bradley is doing. Not the other way around.

--
Kieran.P
http://qlwiki.linuxsolutions.co.nz/