Re: [glob2-devel] Finalized Design Idea for YOG

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Finalized Design Idea for YOG
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 19:37:56 +0200

> does this voip thing actually work? i've never used it neither have i seen
> talk about it so yes, loosing this would be an option to me if we can get
> rid of network problems like "can't see your game", "can't see what i'm
> writing", "crap game! lets search another one" (ok i'm exagurating but i
> read dialogues like that a lot on #glob2. almost no game of more than 2
> players suceeds if no developer is around.) on the other hand: who says we
> shouldn't punch hole for voip? i consider voip a non vital feature and if
> the rest works and voip works for 5/8 players and the other 3 get a message
> (open port x, y, ...) we have a perfect architecture.

Yes voip works fine, much better than Skype in fact. I've implemented it using
libspeex. The architecture is clean. If windows maintainers do not implement
the required code for sound input it's not my fault (I've even sent some code
to do it from another of my project to the ml (reattached in this mail)).

I would be very upset if it is removed.