Re: [glob2-devel] Finalized Design Idea for YOG

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Finalized Design Idea for YOG
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 23:12:20 +0200

> i was not talking about removing it. but voip doesn't have to be routed via
> yog only because commands are. I simply don't want to keep voip and loose
> players cause nobody is satisfied except for the developers.

If we use an alternate transport for voip, it will eventually be removed
because maintaining two systems is too much work.

If we drop features everytime we do a reimplementation there will soon be no
feature at all. And I'm not talking about work of people throwed away just
because other people do not take the care to make their new implementation
good enough to support them. Sure some code is crap, but for instance voip is
not and throwing it away is about to happen just because af lazyness and
personnal preferences.

We should accept rewrites into "master" only when all previous features are
there (excepted if features were to be removed due to a consensus).

Parts of Glob2 designed with evolutions in mind (like the gui) are still there
and in very good shapes after 10 years (I began glob2 gui, then in snakeme,
about 10 years ago).

> lets make up a solution! hole punching is none.

I suggested one in my other mail.