Re: [glob2-devel] Globulation 2 in Community Choice Awards

From: donkyhotay
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Globulation 2 in Community Choice Awards
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 21:56:38 -0700

Good, sourceforge is an excellent site for finding and sharing
open-source software. Hopefully this will increase the number of people
who play the game. This brings up an idea I've had, it should probably
go into the bug reports/wish list but I wanted to mention it while genix
is working on the YOG code. There have been times I've gone online to
play glob2 but no one was available so I just minimized glob2 and
browsed the web while waiting. It has happened that someone else has
logged on wanting to play but since I wasn't paying attention to the
game they eventually got bored and left. I think it might be nice to
have something to try to get people's attention in the lobby. Maybe
either a sound effect or un-minimize the glob2 screen. Admittedly it's a
feature that could quickly become annoying but an option to disable it
could be easily added or if the user base becomes big enough removed
entirely as redundant.