Re: [glob2-devel] idea: make existing features work well before adding n

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] idea: make existing features work well before adding new features (was: Nicowar Update!)
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 02:08:22 +0200

Granted, some of them are pretty complex, but they will be worth it!

Wouldn't you rather make 1.0.0 stunning than push a release?

Actually no.  I would release 1.0.0 as soon as it is really stable.
But go ahead.

There are some points in the list that are clearly no blockers, but worth to
be implemented.  (Why should we not release in case scons mysteriously
fails to do its job?  It doesn't make glob2 any more or less stunning.)

Dont add anything to the list, but if you think something should be removed,
please comment here.

Remove this under "1.0.0 - Final Release (completion, final tasks)"

   * The bug tracker should be completely cleared, even if bugs
haven't been fixed because they are too old. It should be completely
empty by the time the final release is made.

We already talked about this on the list.  Leo and I use/have used the
bug tracker as a
task manager and wishlist.  There are not only bugs in there.  If you
want to clear the
bugs, than only clear the bugs that are really bugs.

I think the rest is reasonable.
But I suggest to add: "Don't release as 1.0.0 until there are no more desyncs"