Re: [glob2-devel] Nicowar Update!

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Nicowar Update!
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:34:19 +0200

1. Nicowar could really benefit from better handling of resource
   overgrowth that cuts off individual buildings (and sometimes traps
   individual globules) or which divides the main base into two
   portions.  I would suggest computing some kind of minimal spanning
   tree that connects all of Nicowar's buildings and placing clearing
   areas (and maybe also clearing flags of radius 0 and 1) on this
   spanning tree.

Instead of clearing areas I suggest to use leos pavements, but I think
clearing areas are fine too.
We could try to implement a greedy algorithm that - given two points
on the map - tells
the globs which field to transform to a pavement next.  This could be
used for real
players too.  In the heuristics we would have to decide whether we only care for
noswim globs, or whether shorter distances are more important than
fewer pavement.