Re: [glob2-devel] to-do before 1.0 (was: idea: make existing features wo

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] to-do before 1.0 (was: idea: make existing features work well before adding new features)
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:40:44 +0200

hi

 >There are good reasons why autosave files all have the same name.

No other game I play just uses Autosave. They always have the time or map name or both. Globulation 2 cant afford to have one autosave! Besides, lets just say for example we take the map name approach. There is only like 13 maps. Whats 13 autosaves?? 50mb? :P Thats nothing. It needs to be implemented to say you can load say "Autosave - Big Pond" from a game yesterday, even if I just played a playground map! This stays :P

as it happens that people leave after a crash it might occure that i play a game vs. A that crashes and want to continue it after i played against B. now this is an unsolvable situation for normal players (only via fs or via the editor).

better would be a folder autosavegame with all games stored with a name "map_player1[_player2 ...]_date" with an option in the settings screen "delete autosavegames older than days: n"

Leo Wandersleb