Re: [glob2-devel] drawing unit paths when only destination is displayed

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] drawing unit paths when only destination is displayed
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 15:06:39 +0200

> P.S.  Anway, it is clear that the pathfinding destinations must be
> computed regardless of whether they are being displayed (otherwise how
> could globules move at all?), so there can not be any extra expense
> for display purposes in computing them.

Haven't you wrote a gradient pathfinding algorithm yourself in pearl a
few month ago?
We don't calculate paths.  We calculate landscapes where each square
knows which of
its neighboring squares is closer to a kind of a resource.  To know on
which square
the "target resource" is, we would have to trace the whole path - for
every glob.

To say we know the path because we know the gradient landscape is somewhat like
saying we know the path because we know the map and the glob position.