Re: [glob2-devel] to-do before 1.0

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] to-do before 1.0
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 23:49:44 +0200

> If you think about it, there is not a lot of graphical changes or features
> from a23. mainly rewrites. users wont see this. we need a feature or two put
> in to make them think, "i want this release!"

Stephs gui beautification is not in a23.
I'm not sure whether the (forbidden/clearing-)area animation is in a23.
The fertility overlay is not in a23.

Especially the first point is an attractive new feature.

But with your reasoning it would be better to cut those features out
again, because
otherwise there might not be enough new features between beta.x and 1.0.0 ?
Here I see a problem.

>> A final version is like death.

> wrong wording. I was refering to the golden release (as some projects call
> it), 1.0.0. I never thought glob2 would stop there, so if i accedentily
> implied that, ignore it ;)

Ah, OK.