[glob2-devel] Globulation for OSX binary (and build patch)

From: Ethan Tira-Thompson
Subject: [glob2-devel] Globulation for OSX binary (and build patch)
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 10:37:51 -0500

I have built a nice self-contained application bundle binary of Globulation for OS X, although it will probably only run under 10.5 (the support libraries were built via macports, and I don't have time to do all those manually with the appropriate flags for backward compatibility)

I needed to make a few changes to the SConstruct file to let the build go through, these should be fine to apply on other platforms as well (although you may debate having /opt/local/include searched by default...)
Quick summary of changes:
        • search /opt/local/include and /opt/local/lib for dependencies
• split header/library configuration checks into separate checks (just so I could figure out which was being missed) • libboost_thread should really be libboost_thread-mt for the multi- threaded version, some distributions apparently provide a non- multithread alias, but this doesn't really make sense for this particular library, so this isn't universally done.
        • a few little bugs in pre-existing OS X handling

You can get the binary here: (please copy to your own server for website link...)
http://ethan.tira-thompson.com/stuff/Globulation-0.9.1.dmg

and the patch here:
http://ethan.tira-thompson.com/stuff/Globulation-build-OSX.patch

Thanks for all the coding!