Re: [glob2-devel] Globulation for OSX binary (and build patch)

From: Ethan Tira-Thompson
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Globulation for OSX binary (and build patch)
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 22:31:15 -0500

I got the source from mercurial and see that you merged some of the changes from the first patch to SConstruct.  Here's an updated patch to fix the remaining issues...
  • list CFLAGS in options list at the top (mostly for documentation, took me a while to figure out that CFLAGS would be used for CheckCHeader calls (not CXXFLAGS) — might want to just switch over to using CheckCXXHeader everywhere instead...?)
  • the osx setting is now automatically detected by checking sys.platform
  • check boost/thread/thread.hpp first once, then select between libboost_thread and libboost_thread-mt (no particularly good reason, just easier to tell what went wrong if something goes wrong)
  • skip the GL/GLU checks altogether on OS X (I think we'd still want to use the system '-framework OpenGL' even if we somehow found the GL/GLU headers...)
  • fixed '-framework OpenGL' specification — it's a link flag, and should be done as a list (otherwise it passes as quoted single argument to gcc instead of two separate arguments)

TODO:
HAVE_OPENGL is not currently being set on OS X... should it be?  That flag doesn't currently seem to be used anywhere except a no-opt ifdef in src/SettingsScreen.cpp

-ethan