Re: [glob2-devel] Globulation for OSX binary (and build patch)

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Globulation for OSX binary (and build patch)
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 19:25:01 +0100

On Monday 07 January 2008 03:57:59 Ethan Tira-Thompson wrote:
> I've updated the binary at:
> http://ethan.tira-thompson.com/stuff/Globulation-0.9.1.dmg

Ok, I've uploaded it to savannah and linked it from the Wiki.

> ... the old one had an issue in that it wasn't finding the data
> directory within the bundle — apparently SDL has a "feature" where it
> moves the current working directory up a level to the directory
> containing the bundle (instead of leaving it at the root of the bundle
> itself), which means that the current reference using "./Contents/
> Resources" doesn't work.
> More info:
> http://meandmarkpublishing.blogspot.com/2007/12/changing-sdls-working-direc
>tory-on-mac.html http://www.idevgames.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12954
>
> I didn't catch this before because it was loading out of the data in
> the build directory (cute) so it was working until I deleted the build
> stuff... Hopefully this one is actually using the right files!
>
> A patch to fix this is here (and now used in the updated binary):
> http://ethan.tira-thompson.com/stuff/Globulation-OSX-workingdir.patch
> Which basically makes a few Mac-specific calls right at launch to get
> the bundle path and chdir back to it so everything else works as (I)
> expected.

Ok, I've added it to the default branch and added you in AUTHORS under port.
Do you think you can have another version of your patch which does not break
trunk. I would like to integrates ports into default as soon as possible.

Thank you. Have a nice day,