gnewsense-art

Re: [gNewSense-art] grub theme needed

From: Luis Felipe López Acevedo
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-art] grub theme needed
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 18:43:25 -0500

El jue, 26-11-2009 a las 22:07 +0100, Robert Millan escribió:
> On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 01:21:18PM -0500, Luis Felipe López Acevedo wrote:
> >
> > For GRUB in install CD
> >
> > http://introsmedia.tuxfamily.org/gns/grub-install-example.png
> > http://introsmedia.tuxfamily.org/gns/grub-install.png
>
> This is not the layout used by GRUB.  You *could* make GRUB do this using
> the new theme framework [1], and I would really appreciate if you made a
> nice theme using that resource, but I would prefer something that works with
> current GRUB first.
>
> [1] the one we discussed previously (http://grub.gibibit.com/)

I'm confused :)

Are we talking about GRUB 2 or GRUB legacy?

Is the layout for GRUB in installed system the same as in GRUB install
CD? I need a reference to make sure that the background elements don't
affect the foreground in a bad way.

Is this page relevant for what we need?:

http://wiki.debian.org/Grub/SplashImage