gnewsense-art

Re: [gNewSense-art] grub theme needed

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-art] grub theme needed
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 20:52:57 +0100

Luis Felipe López Acevedo schreef:
El jue, 26-11-2009 a las 13:10 +0100, Robert Millan escribió:
Btw, there are two places for GRUB theme: installed system and install CD,
should we use the same on both?

I propose these:

For GRUB in installed system

http://introsmedia.tuxfamily.org/gns/grub-example.png
http://introsmedia.tuxfamily.org/gns/grub-image.png

I know that the background is from the AzulCeniza theme, which I think is pretty good on the desktop. But somehow this GRUB picture doesn't sit well with me. I think it's the dark upper left corner together with the black background and border that put me off. Perhaps you could make it bit lighter?

For GRUB in install CD

http://introsmedia.tuxfamily.org/gns/grub-install-example.png
http://introsmedia.tuxfamily.org/gns/grub-install.png

I like this one much better: smooth, not too dark and I guess the logo still reminds me of the wonderful NuevoSentido. This makes me not want to boot gNewSense but just stare at the boot screen some more. :) The icing on the cake would be to have the selection background color in a light tint similar to that of the left edge of the background (maybe even lighter). I'm not sure if that would work out with the white text. And as the icing on the icing: rounded corners for the selection (yes, I'm finally giving in to the whole fuss about them).