gnewsense-art

Re: [gNewSense-art] grub theme needed

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-art] grub theme needed
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 13:10:26 +0100

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 10:27:48PM -0500, Luis Felipe López Acevedo wrote:

> An example:
>
> http://introsmedia.tuxfamily.org/gns/grub-example.png
>
> And the background image:
>
> http://introsmedia.tuxfamily.org/gns/grub-image.png
>
> Robert, I don't get the "a choice of foreground/background font color".
> For the background above, the font should be white; and in case the
> image is not loaded, the background should be "#063043" (a dark blue).
>
> Comments and suggestions are welcome.

There are 4 colors taking effect, two for "normal" font and two for
"highlight" (i.e. selected menu option) font.

In normal font, background is usually transparent.  With your splash image
I assume foreground would be white, but this does apply to the window borders
too (in your example they're black).  Would that be a problem?

In highlight font, I think you used white as foreground but I'm not sure what
color did you use as background (dark-gray?).  Keep in mind you can't use any
color, for now you can only choose from the 16 color palette.  But if it's
important, I can improve the code that has this limitation.

Btw, there are two places for GRUB theme: installed system and install CD,
should we use the same on both?

--
Robert Millan