Re: Another 6210 Bug? Or I am Just Stupid ??

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: Another 6210 Bug? Or I am Just Stupid ??
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 09:39:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 28 Jul 2002, Markus Plail wrote:

> Hi Edward!
>
> * Edward Finlayson writes:
> > HI,
> > gnokii is truly a great app, but recently I find that I have to start
> > using smsd with MySQL
>
> smsd is supposed to only work with older phones for the moment. There

This is absolutly wrong. Smsd uses gnokii's API and it is independend from
phone. If something works with older phone and don't with newer phone there is
problem in API.

> is no real maintainer to fix it properly. If you tell me exactly what

Incorrect again. I have never seem that somebody reports this problem
before. All problems with smsd arrived when some maintainer of gnokii
changed important API function and forgot to change calling function in
smsd. I have adapted smsd to new gnokii API as soon as gnokii became stable
and I can test functionality. I don't understand what you mean with "There
is no real maintainer to fix it properly".

                                        jano

--
I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours
But I think that God's got a sick sense of humor