RE: Another 6210 Bug? Or I am Just Stupid ??

From: Edward Finlayson
Subject: RE: Another 6210 Bug? Or I am Just Stupid ??
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 13:42:44 +0100

Hi Markus,
        Yes, all incoming messages get dumped to the inbox table the database
called sms, then deleted form the phone. conversely all messages in the outbox
table
get sent and then a flag field in the table set. This would then be used for
cross billing
to my client. the basic outline for these tables are as in sms.tables.mysql.sql
with processed
being the flag and processed_date being a timestamp for this operation.
There is no need to delete records from either table as my invoicing routines
will take care of this.

to recap:

        incoming mail to inbox setting number,smsdate,insertdate and text but
leaving processed '0'.
        unprocessed mail in outbox sent, setting processed_date, processed and
error (if required).

This, I believe is the default smsd behaviour and shouldn't require you too
much work.

One silly question, when you send the patch would you please give me some
instructions on how
to apply it to the source tree prior to recompiling?

Thanks again for your help.

Fin.
P.S.
        I must say, this is the most helpful usergroup that I have ever had the
pleasure of being a member of.
        (it's been months since I last read a flaming on here. What a
refreshing change :-) ).