Re: Another 6210 Bug? Or I am Just Stupid ??

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Another 6210 Bug? Or I am Just Stupid ??
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 14:01:46 +0200

>>> address@hidden 2 August 2002 13:26:34 >>>
> > Nokia 6210, 6310, 6510 etc hide SIM/Phone memory distinction from the user.
> > I don't think any sense in limiting this functionality. Anyway I write new
>
> But what about using the new schema for old phones? I don't know if this is
> possible but what about creating virtual phone which will have Inbox,
> Outbox, Achive and My folders. Inside the gnokii, driver recognize the right
> phone type and will use the right memory type. If application will data from
> Archive and phone is 6110, it can return empty folder or unimplemented.

So you would like to depreciate SM and ME memory types for the SMS support?
Well, yes. It makes sense. My idea is a bit different at the moment. The pseudo-
code would look like:
for each (memory_type) {
        if (supports(memory_type))
                get_all_sms(memory_type)
}
This would be the way, how xgnokii/smsd works. Other way to do it is to use:
listfolders (or whatever it is called). We can create such dumb functions for
the
other drivers. I'm not sure though, whether it is exported to the app space at
the moment. Markus?

I'd like to discuss this issue now and choose the best solution we can think of.

pkot