Re: Another 6210 Bug? Or I am Just Stupid ??

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: Another 6210 Bug? Or I am Just Stupid ??
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 16:05:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Pawel Kot wrote:

> Well, yes. It makes sense. My idea is a bit different at the moment. The
> pseudo-
> code would look like:
> for each (memory_type) {
>         if (supports(memory_type))
>                 get_all_sms(memory_type)
> }
> This would be the way, how xgnokii/smsd works. Other way to do it is to use:

Smsd need only to read Inbox. It shouldn't take care about other folders.
For smsd is easiest way with functions like these:

last = 0;
while (1)
{
  status = check_folder_status ("Inbox");
  if (status != last)
  {
    get_sms("Inbox", all);
    erase_sms ("Inbox", all);
    last = check_folder_status ("Inbox");
  }
  sleep (30);
}

Without care if sms's are in phone or on SIM. (I found that 6210 still leave
sms's on SIM if there is space. But if you move sms to Archive it move sms
to phone memory.)

                                        jano