RE: Another 6210 Bug? Or I am Just Stupid ??

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: RE: Another 6210 Bug? Or I am Just Stupid ??
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:05:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Edward Finlayson wrote:

Hi.

>       I thought that this was a dead subject as I haven't heard anything more
> from Markus - too
> busy perhaps. Ironically, what I want to do is pretty much exactly what smsd
> is documented to
> do. That is, manage sms messages in both directions from MySQL tables. I have
> just three more
> questions for you :-
>
>       1) Are you the maintainer of smsd, and therefore the correct person to
> be in touch with.

Yes I'm.

>       2) Roughly how long will it be before smsd is fixed? ( That is, if the
> question 'how long is a
>               piece of string?' doesn't apply).

I will have free time during weekend. I will fix this. But I'm still not
sure if right way is fix smsd as client application or fix gnokii's API
which seems be bad designed. If is true what says Markus API don't simplify
client programing but it make it harder.

>       3) Although I'm not a C coder, is there anyway in which a mere mortal
> such as myself might help?

Yes. You can test smsd.

                                        jano

--
Whatever occurs from love is always beyond good and evil.
                        Friedrich Nietzsche