Re: MS VC6.0 gnokii DLL (WIN32 x86)

From: Ladislav Michl
Subject: Re: MS VC6.0 gnokii DLL (WIN32 x86)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:31:16 +0100

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 09:45:29AM +0100, Marcus Godehardt wrote:
> > gcc :-) I need to check out the possibility to use MS VC6 at my work and
> > hopefully help a bit (mainly with testing issues).
>
> MSVC6 compiler define WIN32 and _MSC_VER based on this information i updated
> the config.h. So every compiler needs his own config.h and i think we need
> for every compiler a seperate folder under Win32.

yes. unless your gcc comes with cygwin. in this case you have your
enviroment equipped with autoconf tools and you can use "normal" way to
configure and build gnokii. we'll probably need separate directory for each
commercial compiler, but until there is noone who cares i don't see any
reason to do it now. (not mentioning that windows users ussually care
only about binaries and gui programs which you're going to offer them :))
(and not mentioning that gnokii compiles under Borland C++ Builder :))

> Win32
> |
> +--MSVC6
>    +--libgnokii
>    GCC
>    +--libgnokii
>
> So can anybody with a GCC tell me what GCC defines ? so we can handle GCC
> compilers under Win32 correct? We must also update the README.W32 to reflect
> our changes under the Win32 tree. Maybe the best decision would be to have
> a README under MSVC6 and GCC.

i deteled missleading parts from README-WIN32 yesterday and pushed in
some patches (including your last one). files are not in their final
locations yet (because of cvs "limited features" :))

> > Markus,
> >
> > Do you agree to be the WIN32 port maintainer? And then for a subproject
> > for the Windows GUI?
>
> yes, i am familiar with CVS and i use SmartCVS ( a java app ), but prefer
> the command line tool cvs. I can handle the Win32 MSVC6 part, but need some
> help for other Win32 compilers ( like gcc )
>
> > If so I may estabilish you write account to CVS (yes, now I definitely
> > belive you have skills to handle it), it everyone from the gnokii team
> > agrees (Hugh? Pavel? Jano? Chris? Markus? Pavel? Manfred? Bozo? Ladis?)

i agree...

> that would be nice, so i can update the files and folders under Win32.
>
> > As we are on the subject please consider the same for Ulrich Hopp (Uli do
> > you agree?). I must admit that I'm really impressed with his careful
> > tests and quality patches fixing various quirks.

...and here also.

> > Yes, I tend to have the wide developer list :-)

        ladis