Re: Nokia 3285 Mobile Phone

From: Bob Shaffer ][
Subject: Re: Nokia 3285 Mobile Phone
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 23:11:37 -0500 (EST)

Well, now I can access the phone through minicom and issue normal at
commands for dialing without even using gnokii, but I can't seem to do
anything with the gnokii utilities.  I found some information on Nokia's
developer's website.  I found an AT command reference, but none of the
*.... commands seemed to do anything but produce an "ERROR" message.  By
using the 6510 or 7110 driver, I can actually get the --identify option to
complete without reporting any errors, but only the manufacturer is listed
when it completes and all other fields are blank.  The other commands I
try with those drivers result in a timeout.  If I use any of the other
drivers, I get the error message "Telephone interface init failed!
Quitting.".  If anyone has any ideas what I can try next let me know.  For
now, I am going to keep looking through Nokia's Developer Support area on
their website for any more information on the phone.