Re: QT GUI for gnokii and more

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: QT GUI for gnokii and more
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 11:46:14 +0200

Hi Pavel,

On 6/7/05, Pavel Machek <address@hidden> wrote:
> I believe you should not do "communication plugins".

I don't think it is that easy. DCOP is qt-based. DBUS seems to be the
future standard, but I don't think it's already in place on all
platforms (Mac, win32, embedded). I don't want to introduce a new
communication protocol and I want to leave the possibility for
extending it.

> > And both dbus and dcop seem to have also a command line interface. And
> > it looks cool to me.
> >
> > Any other suggestions for the interface?
> >
> > I already have the gnokii related core, now sitting on the dcop side
> > trying to prepare something that would receive and send messages. Hope
> > to send sms soon ;-)
>
> Can you post some example code?

As soon as I have it working. Of course it will be a sunject to
redesign, but I want to have it working before publishing.

take care,
pkot
--
Pawel Kot