Re: QT GUI for gnokii and more

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: QT GUI for gnokii and more
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 01:32:07 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 12:19:07AM +0200, Pawel Kot wrote:
> The operations available are still the same. Now I'll think more about
> API. The plugin thing should be easy now I think..

Here's the beginning of my proposal:

PHONEBOOK MANAGEMENT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There're a lot of problems with the current implementation:
* new phones support more attribute types (e.g. work or personal/mobile or
    telephone number, photo, voice dialing, etc.
* labels (e.g. surname, e-mail) can be renamed too.
* more and more phones don't support location fields anymore. There's an
    uint32 id, but it isn't neccessarily continous.
* you can define groups yourself and you can assign phonebook entries to
    more than one group.

required functionality:
* retrieve/delete/modify/add entries
* retrieve/delete/modify/add groups