Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] SCO vs. the world

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] SCO vs. the world
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 00:20:04 -0400

On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 01:48:15PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> There is an addendum to the licence that IBM holds that exempt them from
> contributing back anything they created/ recreated from knowledge of
> unix.

The theory I've seen is that this addendum doesn't pertain to code IBM
acquired by buying other companies (since the code was originally written
under the bought company's license).  I guess it's up to the judge to decide
whether that's true or not though.

-Miles
--
We live, as we dream -- alone....