Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] SCO vs. the world

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] SCO vs. the world
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 21:43:37 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>

    > > I tend towards believing the large LOC counts.

    > I don't:

    >  (1) The functionality involved is not a very large portion of linux, and
    >      code that goes into central areas of linux usually gets massively
    >      scrutinized and mutated before it actually goes in.

You don't believe the percentage is large?   or you don't believe
there's over 100K LO-tainted-C?

Thinking "worst case scenario" here -- if it's really that much code
... who exactly is going to be able clean-room it without risking
further trouble?

    > _If_ the NUMA support turns out to be a problem, it might be annoying --
    > I gather than linux's support for such systems is a big brownie point with
    > large powerful corporations,

They deserve what they get.   Rather, their vendors do.   I'll think
of them everytime I try to build some package on my BSD-derivative
when the build fails due to GNU/linux-isms.   :-) / 5