Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] SCO vs. the world

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] SCO vs. the world
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 23:36:44 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Jonathan Walther <address@hidden>

    > On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 08:19:17PM -0700, Tom Lord wrote:
    > >Am I the only one who thinks SCO might actually have a pretty good
    > >case here?

    > Yep.

Well, nope, actually --- given their stock price.

    > I think their case is piss-poor.  But they seem to be getting
    > enough money from acting mafia-style that they may hang on for another
    > few months/years.

I wouldn't be too woried about them going out of business.   My
understanding is that they are more than 50% privately held.   They
own some interesing "IP" rights.   Either those rights are valueless,
or valuable.   If at all valuable, they have a lot more leverage than
a balance sheet might show.

    > The mafia make money too.  Doesn't mean they have a good case justifying
    > their acts.

One could say the same about RHAT, without about equal force.