Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tagline robustness

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tagline robustness
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 11:28:36 -0400

On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 10:09:00AM -0400, Douglas Philips wrote:
> Actually, that tla is written in C shouldn't necessarily overly
> influence its external appearance. I'm working on projects using other
> languages, so C-centricity is a turn off.

That would be `C-centricity' -- in cases where it needs a syntax, there needs
to be _some_ choice made, and C's string escaping syntax is certainly one of
the most common (and often adopted by other languages), so why not choose that?

Anyway I see no reason why it needs any escapes except for \".

-Miles
--
P.S.  All information contained in the above letter is false,
      for reasons of military security.