Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tagline robustness

From: Adam Sampson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tagline robustness
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:51:55 +0100

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> Because it's intended that arch-id: be able to represent anything that
> arch-tag: could (so easy upgrade is possible), and arch-tag: ids can
> contain ".

On a tangent, all the proposals I've seen so far have "arch" in the
name -- wouldn't unique tags be useful for other version control
systems too, and thus be worth designing as a cross-system standard?

(I suppose that if we can't persuade them to use arch right now, then
at least we can make it less painful for them to change later...)

--
Adam Sampson <address@hidden>                        <http://offog.org/>