Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: the dangers of no reply-to munging

From: Andrew Suffield
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: the dangers of no reply-to munging
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 22:18:01 +0100

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 11:59:05PM +0300, Momchil Velikov wrote:

>     Andrew> On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 08:06:08AM -0500, Mark A. Flacy wrote:
>     >> >>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew Suffield <address@hidden> writes:
>     Andrew>
>     Andrew> How do you tell, from the List-* headers, whether or not you are
>     Andrew> subscribed to the mailing list?
>     >>
>     >> Why are you attempting to reply-to-list when you don't belong to the
> list?
>
>     Andrew> Because I want to send something to the list?
>
>     Andrew> Really, posting without being subscribed isn't all that uncommon.
> In
>     Andrew> that case, you want to be Cc:ed on followups, and you want to
> indicate
>     Andrew> this desire to other MUAs.
>
> Where did you get List-* from in the first place ?

Presumably somebody bounced me a copy. But this isn't directly
relevant. Consider what the people who receive my mail, via the list,
will receive, and what their clients will do if they ignore M-F-T and
only follow List-*.

In fact, expand my original question: How do you tell, from the List-*
headers, whether the *sender* is subscribed to the mailing list?

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |