Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: the dangers of no reply-to munging

From: Jonathan Walther
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: the dangers of no reply-to munging
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 01:30:02 -0700

On 2003-08-23 04:58:04 +0100 Jonathan Walther <address@hidden> wrote:
> Balogna.  'L' (list-reply-only) in mutt took one look at your message,
> which contained all the List-* headers, and it said "No list found!"
> Why are we expected to use bullshit software like this?

I've no idea. mutt is another email client which has no List-* handling. Given that I thought some hackers used mutt, I was

mutt _has_ list handling. use the L key *after* configuring the lists in
your mutt rc file. it is incredible how many people on this list don't
have even the skill necessary to use google to search for a FAQ.

Maybe we are fed up with fucking with .procmailrc and .muttrc?  I want
Bayesian filtering that "learns" every time I delete or move a message
to a different folder.  I want an "L" command that KNOWS, all by itself,
just from looking at the headers, that it is dealing with a mailing
list, and act in a way that I have configured, maybe to reply to the
list, and maybe to reply to the original sender.  There is no reason why
things can't be this way, other than a masochistic streak among the
technical elitists.

Ouch, I slammed a rock onto my toe, ow.  Ouch, I slammed a rock onto my
toe.  Ow.  Ouch, I slammed a rock onto my toe.  OWW!  Dis doctah sez,
"don't do dat no mo'ah!"

Jonathan

--

It's not true unless it makes you laugh, but you don't understand it until it makes you weep.

                    Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   address@hidden
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2