[Gnu-arch-users] Re: tagline considered harmful?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tagline considered harmful?
Date: 27 Aug 2003 10:48:48 +0900

Tom Lord <address@hidden> writes:
> I prefer that it not be the default, but a --forward option to various
> merging commands would be fine.

Could it use a different name that `--forward', though?  I find
the name --forward confusing enough with patch, which is pretty
low-level, but I think it would be even more odd in a higher-level
context like arch.

Something nice and obvious like `--ignore-patch-duplicates' or
something would be nice.

BTW, patch -N leaves around .rej files for rejected duplicates, without
any obvious indication that's what they are; I'm not sure whether that's
the right thing or not for arch...

-Miles
--
Next to fried food, the South has suffered most from oratory.
                        -- Walter Hines Page