Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: future of the wiki

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: future of the wiki
Date: 28 Aug 2003 06:30:27 -0700

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 03:45, Damien Elmes wrote:
> "Tobias C. Rittweiler" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Maybe you're just constrained by the bad emotions you made with the wiki
> > of arch. :-)
>
> Basically for a wiki to be successful, it needs "editors" which do the
> job of keeping content organised. I don't think anyone really had the
> energy to do that with the arch wiki, so it stagnated.

A significant problem with the old arch wiki was that the larch/ArX
split caused some splintering of information and push/pull about where
things belonged: with the larch info, with the ArX info, or general to
"the arch system."

I think a GNU arch wiki would be easier to organize, especially starting
fresh from the old material.

Bob