Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla bash completion

From: Jonas Diemer
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla bash completion
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:54:49 +0200

Hi!

I've looked at your tla completion scripts, I already have some
suggestions:

1. As Jason McCarty pointed out, I would leave single letter options out
of completion. I think his argumentation is logical.  Plus there's no
speed up for the user in completing one letter options.

2. Currently, the script only offers options once (if prev is a
subcommand). It should, however, also offer options if prev is an option
to a subcommand that doesn't take an argument (we know to complete).
I've incorporated that in your version, ask me if you want the
diff/patch/whatever.
In my implementation, I assumed that the first string after tla is
always a subcommand (I needed to get the subcommand somehow), is this
too "static"? It can be easily fixed (at some performance cost)...

3. It would be nice if the script would not offer options that have
already been offered. I'm not sure if this is worth a loop through all
previous options though...

regards

Jonas