Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: a contrib directory

From: Jan Hudec
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: a contrib directory
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:44:33 +0200

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 18:55:24 -0700, Tom Lord wrote:

>     > From: Tez Kamihira <address@hidden>
>
>     > On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:58:32 -0700 (PDT), Tom Lord <address@hidden>
> said:
>     > >
>     > > How about the idea of making a `contrib' directory for arch?
>     > >

>     > IMO, It would be very hard work to maintain it accurately.
>     > Instead doing so, you may add a simple "registry list" in your
>     > work, just like ancient "HOST.TXT" file.
>
>     > =CONTRIBUTE-ARCHIVES:
>     > -------------------------------------------------------
>     > address@hidden
>     >     http://aaa.bbb.com/{archives}/address@hidden
>
> I'd add:
>
>           [description of contents]
>
>     > address@hidden
>     >     http://zzz.yyy.org/{archives}/master
>     >
>           [description of contents]
>

> Yes, that's a much better idea and we can go a step further by making
> it a wiki page once that's migrated, and then I can just enclose a
> reference that says "visit page such-and-such for ancillary projects".

Currently there are:
  http://arch.fifthvision.net/bin/view/Main/ArchiveRegistry
  http://arch.fifthvision.net/bin/view/Main/ArchBrowsers
  http://arch.fifthvision.net/bin/view/Main/ArchUtilities
pages in the Wiki. The archive registry has two "parts" different in
formating. Perhaps unifying the format and putting a big sign "Please,
announce your arch utilities on the Wiki" somewhere would be a good
start.

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec
<address@hidden>