Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla bash completion

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla bash completion
Date: 29 Aug 2003 23:22:00 -0700

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 09:54, Jonas Diemer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've looked at your tla completion scripts, I already have some
> suggestions:
>
> 1. As Jason McCarty pointed out, I would leave single letter options out
> of completion. I think his argumentation is logical.  Plus there's no
> speed up for the user in completing one letter options.

I think I disagree, for now.  I often use tab completion as a
quick-n-dirty replacement for --help, and I like to be able to be
reminded of the short options, even if it doesn't help much with the
typing this time.

This could maybe be an option to the cache generation script, however.
I'm pretty sure I'd accept that patch.

Bob