Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tagging-method explicit implementation

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tagging-method explicit implementation
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 17:55:07 +0100

On 2003-08-28 16:09:06 +0100 Robert Anderson <address@hidden> wrote:
Why doesn't arch's explicit tagging method do this?  Why does it work
by scattering arch droppings all over the place?
 From the implementation side, it seems like a pretty slick method to
me.  If you move a directory, all the corresponding moves "just work"
with the current method - no manual bookkeeping.  [...]

Can someone explain to me how this works with explicit tagging, please? I think I'm confused, but I'm not sure.

[...]
The really compelling thing about taglines or internal tags is that
source controlled file movement is then transparent to ancillary tools
(as well as the user himself.)

I thought they had to be wrapped up in comments, to hide them from the processor, but leaving them visible to the user. Again, I may have misunderstood and been dismissing them without reason all this time, so I'd appreciate any illumination.